You have friends and family in India. You have become an American citizen and used a regular visa to visit, or you may not have even had time to get a visa after getting your US Passport. You are hit by an emergency at home (yes, India is still home!) but with the restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, everything is dynamic and subject to change. What do you do? You apply for an “Emergency Visa To Enter India”.
The first step is to contact the below Indian consulates and apply for an Emergency Visa:
- For applicants residing in Bermuda, Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia, please send details at email@example.com, Tel: 202-213-1364 and 202-262-0375.
- For applicants residing in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee and the Virgin Islands, please send details at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 404-910-7919 and 404-924-9876.
- For applicants residing in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, please send an email at email@example.com, Tel: 312-687-3642 and 312-468- 3276.
- For applicants residing in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado and Nebraska, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 713-626-2149.
- For applicants residing in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont, please send an email at email@example.com, Tel: 212-774-0607/347-721-9243.
- For applicants residing in Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 415 483 6629.
The Consulate team will respond back in 2 – 5 working days. They will ask you to send the following documents as hard copies along with your original US passport.
- Copy of address proof.
- Copy of the Birth Certificate of the child (if applicable).
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of passport and OCI/Existing visa (if any of you and spouse or parents).
- Notarized Parental Authorization form, duly signed by both the parents, with copies of their passports (only for minors).
- Supporting documents for the reason of travel.
- Visa fees (if applicable) of US$103.00 in two money orders/cashier’s checks: (i) US$100 and (ii) US$3.00 in favor of the Consulate General of India San Francisco.
- One passport-size photograph. For more information on the format read here.
- Copy of Renunciation certificate(if the previous nationality is Indian).
- Please mention spouse name and Nationality near the column-Married/Unmarried (if applicable).
- In the mail, they will share the template of the visa application and undertaking form.
Key Information Required as Per Them –
Travel purpose and national interest category, including a clear justification for receipt of an NIE: The visa number, also known as the visa foil number, is located on the lower right of the visa.
Each request will be carefully considered given the limited resources at the moment. Emails in languages other than English may slow down response time. We aim to respond to each request within two weeks but cannot guarantee a decision date or the outcome of the decision. Errors in the submitted data may prevent approval in NIE requests.
Please note that National Interest Exceptions, when granted, are valid for a single entry within 30 days of approval.
Rules for Travel to Dubai from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
You can travel to Dubai if you belong to the following categories:
- Members of Diplomatic Missions
- Holders of the UAE Golden Visa
- UAE Nationals
- If you have been granted permission by the appropriate authorities
- If you are travelling on a special business flight having a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate.
If you fall in one of the above categories, you must comply with the following:
- You should have a valid COVID-19 test certificate of a sample taken within 48 hours of your flight departure time. This means if your flight departure time is 9 pm on Saturday, your COVID-19 test sample must not be earlier than 9 pm Thursday.
- The COVID-19 PCR report must have a QR code from a certified lab that links back to the original report.
- You are expected to have a COVID-19 test on arrival in Dubai.
- You will have to quarantine and have another such test on Day 4 and again on Day 8.
- You will have to sign an indemnity document for 10 days home/hotel quarantine on arrival in Dubai.
- Download the DXB app on arrival in Dubai and enter the information required.
Please note: If you have travelled through India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and or Sri Lanka in the previous 14 days, you cannot enter Dubai for arrival or transit. UAE nationals are exempt from this rule. Travelling to Doha for a 14-day Third-Country Stay Before Proceeding to the USA.
Visa holders travelling to the USA through Doha, Qatar as a 14-days-stay third country, must have the following:
- You must have a passport valid for six months. You should have a confirmed return/onward ticket from Doha. You should have a confirmed hotel reservation for your entire stay.
- Make sure you are vaccinated with both doses of the approved vaccines, along with a valid vaccine certificate with a QR code for verification purposes. You should have had your last (second) and final vaccine 14 days before the date of travel.
- You must have an RT PCR COVID-19 test from an approved lab within 72 hours of your flight departure to Doha. Example: If your flight departure time is 9 am on Monday, your sample must be taken after 9 am on the Friday before that. The report must have a QR code that links back to the original report.
- Register yourself on the Ehteraz app 12 hours before your flight with the COVID-19 negative report, hotel reservation evidence and obtain approval before boarding. Download the Ehteraz app conveniently before leaving India (not mandatory, but convenient to have).
- Do carry cash or a credit card limit equal to QR 5000. It can be in US dollars also
- After immigration in Doha, buy a local sim and register on the Ehteraz app. The app is a must for each person staying in Doha.
- You must take an antibody test or an RT PCR test at the airport on arrival in Doha. You will have to pay for it. The results will display on your Ehterez app.
SOS Global Indians™ Visa Updates Telegram Group
SOS Global Indians™ just launched a dedicated Telegram channel catering to a critical and specific need of its community i.e., Visa Application Slots & Updates. Join this channel for all the latest Visa Updates, Appointments, Dropbox Slots etc. Access the channel here https://t.me/sosglobalindians_visa_updates
This Visa group is for updates on all Visa categories (H1, H4, F1, B1, B2, L1 and so on) Regular, Emergency & Dropbox etc. For any other help on immigration, visa, passport & related matters, just email us at email@example.com and our team with connect with you at the earliest.