- What is the link to apply for E-visa application?
- Is the tourist visa/evisa issued prior Oct 16th, 2021 valid?
- Who is eligible for e-Visa services?
- Nationals of countries listed on the e-Visa website under ‘Countries/Nationalities who are eligible to avail evisa’ are eligible to apply for e-Visa Services.
- Foreigners whose sole objective for visiting India is
(a) Recreation and sightseeing
(b) Casual visit to meet friends and relatives
(c) Attending short term yoga program or short term courses on local languages, music, dance, arts & crafts, cooking, medicine etc. which should not be a formal or structured course/program (courses not exceeding 6 months duration and not issuing a qualifying certificate/diploma etc. to the participants)
(d) Voluntary work of short duration (for a maximum period of one month, which do not involve any monetary payment or consideration of any kind in return)
(e) Medical treatment, including treatment under Indian systems of medicine
(f) As attendant to e-Medical visa holder
(g) Business purpose
(h) Attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop.
- Passport should have at least six months validity at the time of making application for grant of e-Visa and a re-entry permit, if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- The foreigner should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- Foreigners of Pakistani origin or having Pakistani Passport are not eligible for e-Visa.
- Foreigners who are not Pakistani nationals, but whose parents or grandparents (either paternal or maternal) was born in, or was permanently resident in Pakistan, are also not eligible for e-Visa. They may apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer/ international travel document holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- What are the steps involved in E-visa application processing?
- Apply Indian e-Visa (indianvisaonline.gov.in) and upload recent photo & passport page.
- Pay evisa fee online using credit/debit card/payment wallet.
- Receive ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) via email. Print and carry the same for travel.
- What is the visa processing time?
Upon receipt of the Visa Application through Indian Visa Application Center or directly, the Indian Mission/ Post requires a minimum of three working days to process the case and issue a visa depending upon the nationality and excluding special cases.
- What are the E-visa categories and their validity?
- For e-Tourist Visa (01 year / 05 years), the validity would be 365 days / 05 years from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 90 days except nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan. In case of nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan, continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days.
- For e-Tourist Visa (30 days), the validity would be 30 days from the date of your first arrival in India. Double entries will be granted within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport. Your first arrival must be between the date of issue and expiry of ETA.
- For e-Business Visa, the validity would be 365 days from the date of grant of ETA with Multiple entries and continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 180 days and no registration would be required if stay is for a period of less than 180 days. However, if the intention is to stay for more than 180 days, then the foreigner shall get himself/herself registered with the FRRO/FRO concerned (https://indianfrro.gov.in) within two weeks after the expiry of 180 days of his/her arrival in India.
- For e-Conference Visa, the validity would be 30 days from the date of arrival in India with Single entry.
- For e-Medical Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.
- For e-Medical Attendant Visa, the validity would be 60 days from the date of first arrival in India and triple entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on your Passport.
- Where can I find a sample e-visa application?
- How can I check e-visa status using application Id?
- Other important links for passport/visa services
- I have not received any intimation even after 72 Hours of submission of my e-Visa application. What should I do now?
Your e-Visa application may take up to 72 hours for processing. For more enquiries on your e-Visa application, you can contact +91 11 24300666 or e-mail at indian-evisa[at]gov[dot]in
The applicants are advised to beware of unscrupulous elements/ travel agents/ intermediaries in this regard. In cases where applicants have been asked for correct details or additional information where application is incomplete, the same must be sent immediately. If such information is not provided within 72 hours, the application is liable to be rejected.
- I am applying e-Visa for myself and my son/daughter who is a minor. Do I need to apply for a separate e-Visa for my minor child?
Yes, ensure that your child’s passport is valid at-least for next 06 (six) months from the date of arrival in India.
- I have submitted my e-Visa application and paid the processing fee. If I cancel my proposed visit to India, will the fees be refunded?
e-Visa processing fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
- I got a new passport but my ETA was on old passport and it is still valid. How can I proceed now?
You may be allowed entry into India on the new passport even if ETA has been issued on the old passport with the condition that you must carry the new Passport and old passport on which ETA was issued.